Ever since the beginning of the sanitary crisis, teleworking - formerly marginal - became, with time, the most adapted way of working in this context. Thanks to new communication and information technologies, employees can work from their home or a coworking space in France or abroad.
Even if, on paper, it has many advantages, teleworking must consider some challenges to be successful. Even more so abroad.
1/ Advantages of Teleworking
1.1. For the company
- It makes recruiting easier and allows better flexibility of human resources. Talents are not forced to move and can work from abroad.
- Reduces absenteeism and lateness, especially in big cities (in traffic jams, strikes, etc.).
- Ease the integration of disabled employees and employees with familial obligations into the company.
- Increases collaborators’ productivity and de facto company's competitiveness.
- Allows retaining employees wishing to work from the place they want.
1.2. For the collaborator
- Gets rid of travel time as well as stress-induced by them.
- Offers more flexible working hours.
- It offers an increase in autonomy and responsibility; This rise in autonomy allows the collaborator to hone their skills.
- It gives the collaborator the choice of their place of residence.
Nevertheless, teleworking can also have some downsides for both parties.
2/ Potential Downsides
2.1. For the company
- Managing a collaborator remotely is complicated and requires an adaptation of the employer/employee relationship. This management must come with adapted tools, allowing clear and regular communication between team members.
- The employer must stay vigilant and make sure that the collaborator's professional mission stays on track. Over time, a lack of investment may be observed.
2.2. For the collaborator
- They can feel isolated and feel a true lack of stimulation and interaction with their colleagues.
- Teleworking can be suffered from and so become counterproductive.
- Collaborators do not always have a dedicated working space at home and must work in an unsuitable environment.
To address all those issues, Holiworking set up a structured offer to allow the collaborator and their company to ensure the well-being of the professional mission and make this experience a real success for everyone.
That is why we provide in the destination country:
- A professional coworking space equipped with modern communication tools.
- Monitoring by our Holicoach, that will make sure the collaborator’s professional mission stays on track and gives a regular report to their company.
Providing a coworking space has a positive impact on the collaborator's work quality:
- Unlike an open space or even their home, the collaborator has dedicated private areas suited for his needs.
- Coworking allows interaction among coworkers, so avoid a feeling of isolation that can be felt while teleworking from home.